These in-car FM modulators are superb. Play all your audio devices wirelessly through your car stereo system. it can Read MP3 files from USB flash disk or Micro-SD card, transmit music signal over car FM tuner, then enjoy music via car stereo.
You can now enjoy your MP3 music collection without having to spend money to upgrade your car sound system. Play all your audio devices wirelessly through your existing radio.
This device uses FM radio to broadcast the MP3 files from any attached USB device (pen drive, USB hard drive etc, Micro-SD Card.) to a preselected radio channel on your car FM radio. Simply plug into the cigarette lighter outlet, insert your USB drive, press play, and your MP3s start playing. The FM frequency is adjustable so you can select the clearest frequency within 15 channels - the small display on the device shows your selection.
This latest version now includes onboard position memory. Never again forget or have to search for the track you last played, this unit will automatically remember and start next time at the beginning of that track. Also includes a small remote control to allow ease of use whether sitting in the front or back of the vehicle.
12V Car Cigarette lighter (do not work with 24V cigarette lighter)
Accessories included in the package
Posted by Steve G. on 14th Jun 2011
Not sure what to expect for under a tenner, but this is a little gem. Sound almost equals fitted CD player on mid range Jag sound system. Very slight hiss, but that has been common to all FM transmitters I have used. The feature that I had not really noticed in the advert is the capability to take micro-SD cards. I have a whole bunch of old ones from past mobile phones etc so a good sized music collection can be carried in an envelope in the glove compartment. I will be ordering more, as my whole family now want their own.
Posted by K. trivedi on 19th Apr 2011
just received this product, copied some mp3s to a 4GB USB stick, went to the car, plugged it in to the cigarette lighter socket, turned on the radio, turned it in and it was transmitting the songs!
- It does play straight from a memory stick, you don't need an MP3 player,
- Read all the reviews and print out any with any instructions for how to use it. This is a great product. no need to any user manual or anything.
Posted by dolyschaf on 19th Apr 2011
I bought this and did not expect much based on the reviews and choice of alternative here, so was expecting the worst! HOWEVER, this is not the case, but it is a little short of perfect - read on, ...
- The FM29A has worked fine for me since I got it.
- Took me 1 minute to find a frequency (I use 107.70 where I am) and it has been great since, no problems at all with frequency/interference for me.
- Sound quality is 'pretty good' to 'very good' I would say playing my mostly encoded 128kb/s MP3 files from a Sandisk Cruzer 2Gb USB stick.
- The device "bends" so you can see position it nicely in the car (works and powers off perfectly in my 2006 Xsara Picasso should you have a Citroen!)
- It remembers the track last played when switched off and starts at the beginning of that track when powered on again (which is great for music tracks)
- It will play whole folders and 'traverse' first level folders and/or shuffle across a USB stick
= overall PRETTY GOOD, but...
- MAJOR PROBLEM for me with this device is the PLAY ORDER of the songs:
most mere mortals would copy them on to a USB stick (as in my case) from Windows and expect the order in Windows to be the play order in the car. This is not the case and having copied a pile of songs to the root folder of my USB stick, the FM29A started playing with the 43rd MP3 file listed in the Windows XP folder/directory. I am a Microsoft Certified Professional and know my way around file systems and this is the only major flaw I have found with this device I thought worth reporting as part of this review.
- MINOR PROBLEM 1 - if you listen to a PODCASTS (or PLAYS etc) in mp3 format this device might not be for you. It does not remember the "position within the mp3 file" if the device powers off. It will simply return to the start of the track, which if that track is say 10 minutes long, can be annoying to listen to the whole thing a again, especially as there is NO SEEK/FAST FORWARD function within a track on this device.
- MINOR PROBLEM 2 - I tried another older 128Mb USB stick I bought from LIDL. I thought I would fill this second stick with Christmas songs and simply pop that stick in at Christmas time. Sadly, the device did not recognise it was inserted and the same USB stick works fine in every PC I use it with.
I contacted Tecknet about this and asked them to explain to me HOW the play order works and after 48 hours have still not got a reply. I found nothing about the play order on their website and only saw a few words mentioned in another amazon review (not really the place where your customers should be finding user instructions Tecknet, is it?).
So overall, this device gets a lucky 4 out of 5 stars from me - pricewise, it is relatively cheap so these minor flaws are forgivable! That said, I wish Tecknet had invested just a little more time in this to make it perfect and charged me 15 pounds - I would happily pay that for a device that I know is going to do this business. This one comes close, but it still has its minor nags and annoyances! It is still far cheaper than replacing the whole system in my Xsara Picasso though!
Posted by Unknown on 19th Apr 2011
Very pleased with product and price, followed instructions and hey presto it worked perfectly. no interference sounds as good as playing the cd player in my car, would recommend to anyone excellent purchase
Posted by kevin on 19th Apr 2011
i got fed up with loads of cd's in the car, so bought this and i'm very pleased with it i use a 8gig memory stick with it and it works fine
tuned it to the first radio station and worked. it's down by radio 2
well woth the buy
Posted by Unknown on 19th Apr 2011
Sound quality is excellent.. I have not experienced any disturbance while engine is running or acceleration so far in 5 days I have used this device. It is easy to set up and would definately recommend although I have not tried using the remote since I am the lone user of the car.
Posted by Merleen on 19th Apr 2011
Bought this to listen in the car to programs recorded from DAB radio, which it does. However if the car is switched off the cigarette lighter is not powered so it loses its place in the track and there is no fast forward. If a track could be deleted once listened to even better but still pleased I bought it.
Posted by Brian E. Owen on 19th Apr 2011
Around two years ago I purchased an earlier model of this item which used either a standard SD Card or USB Stick. I was so impressed not only with the price but also the quality that I had to buy others for friends. Recently other friends of mine expressed their desire to have one so I decided to oblige. Without a long story, I found the latest product which differs in design slightly and uses a Micro SD card. For something so small the quality etc is equally as good and I would have no hesitation in recommending this product. Remember it has a remote control and Teknet are excellent on delivery.